Building Permits & Inspections
Business & Office Districts
Business Chamber Directory
Chamber of Commerce
Code Enforcement & Adjudication Hearings
Documents & Forms
Economic Development Committee
Planning & Zoning
Planning & Zoning Commission
TIF District Information
You are here:
The Village of Westmont Community Development Department works with businesses and developers who are interested in creating a successful partnership with our growing community. Westmont has several business districts, each designed to meet the needs of a wide variety of businesses.
The Community Development Department operates the following divisions:
– issues permits for building, plumbing, electrical and more, reviews and approves construction plans, performs building and construction inspections, administers bond requirements and the contractor registration program.
Code Enforcement Division
– enforces Village code and property maintenance requirements.
Economic Development Division
– business attraction and retention, administers Downtown Development Grant Program, serves as liaison for the
Westmont Economic Development Committee
, works with the
Westmont Chamber of Commerce
and Tourism Bureau to promote the community through the Economic Development Partnership. (www.choosewestmont.com)
– reviews stormwater design plans, works with
regarding wetland and floodplain compliance issues, performs engineering inspections.
Planning and Zoning Division
– administers the municipal development approval process and site plan review, regulates permitted and special uses in the various zoning districts, serves as liaison to the
Planning and Zoning Commission
The Village of Westmont is strongly supportive of new and creative development ideas. Business owner and developer inquiries are always welcome.
Please contact the Community Development Department at 630-981-6250 for more information or to schedule a meeting to discuss your development ideas.
Blue Links to the LEFT
Utilize the BLUE links to the left to directly access specific areas of interest.
For example, if you would like to download a permit application or specification guideline sheet, click on the "
Documents & Forms
" link and then click on the "
Permit Application and Contractor Registration
" link for the desired permit, registration, or specification guideline link.
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
31 W. Quincy St.
Westmont, IL 60559
Village of Westmont
31 W. Quincy St., Westmont, IL 60559
Powered by CivicPlus