The Westmont Public Works Department and Environmental Improvement Commission are continuing the Rain Barrel Program in 2017. This year’s program will offer rain barrels at ½ price.
“The rain barrel program has been very successful over the last few years,so we decided to keep the program going,” said Public Works Director Mike Ramsey. “The Village will be able to subsidize approximately half the cost of the water barrels while supplies last. The rain barrels not only assist with water conservation, but also provide some help with property stormwater management.”
The Village of Westmont is teaming with the Conservation Foundation to offer this program. Residents can order their rain barrel online at:
WESTMONT RAIN BARREL PROGRAM DETAILS
* Available to all Westmont residents & businesses
* $30 per water barrel (about a $30 savings compared to retail)
* Limit of no more than 2 water barrels installed per Westmont address
* Water barrels must be installed and used within the Village of Westmont
* To further promote the benefits of rainwater barrels, residents are asked to take pictures of installed barrels and send to the Village (firstname.lastname@example.org)
* This program will be in effect through the end of October 31, 2017
* The are four colors to choose from: black, terra cotta, blue and gray
* Additional set-up hardware charged separately
For more information, contact Rose Gross at email@example.com or call 630-981-6290.
Contact: Larry McIntyre
Village of Westmont Communications Director