Village of WestmontDate Issued: March 1, 2016UPDATED: Mary 15, 2016
DuPage County residents are invited to participate in the annual Sustainable Saturday special recycling event in Lisle on March 19, 2016 from 9:00 a.m. until noon. The drop-off event takes place in the Dan and Ada Rice Center parking lot located on the campus of Benedictine University, which is located at 5700 College Road. Please note: Vehicles must enter campus at the traffic light off College Road (south of Maple Avenue) and exit to College Road north and east of the Rice Center parking lot.
The event will collect hard to dispose of items such as electronics, bicycles, scrap metal, building / hardware supplies, textiles, batteries, documents for shredding, and more. The event is being co-hosted by the Village of Lisle, Illinois Benedictine University, DuPage County, and SCARCE.
ITEMS ACCEPTED FOR RECYCLING
* Electronics (such as telephones, desktop and laptop computers, computer monitors, mice, modems, scanners, televisions, mobile devices, radios, tape players, gaming consoles, printers, fax machines, power and network cables, telephones, chargers, VCRs, DVD players, chargers, keyboards, stereos, fax machines, microwaves, small household appliances, copy machines, and printers). PLEASE NOTE: ONLY flat screen TVs will be accepted
* Records, VHS tapes, CDs and DVDs
* Inkjet cartridges
* Eyeglasses, hearing aids, and old keys
* Household batteries (A, AA, AAA, C and D)
* Large SLA batteries (car, boat and sump pump, etc.)
* Scrap metal (such as washers, dryers, stoves, swing sets, hangers, metal fencing, garden tools, tomato cages, pots, pans and lawn furniture)
* Worn American flags
* Fluorescent lamps (linear and CFL)
* Building / hardware supplies in good condition (doors, tile/flooring, plumbing, lighting fixtures and more)
* Clothes, linens, shoes, sporting good and more for Goodwill Industries
* Bicycles and helmets
* Used cooking oil (in tightly closed containers)
* Musical instruments
* Yarn, buttons, and rulers
* On-site paper / document shredding (limit of 3 banker boxes or paper bags per vehicle, no binders or plastic bags)
ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED
* NO hazardous waste items (ie: paint, motor oil, air conditioners, refrigerators) will be accepted
* NO cathode ray tube (CRT) computer monitors will be accepted during the event.
Thank you to the recycling event's service providers: Air Cycle Corporation, Working Bikes, Elgin Recycling, New Life Electronics Recycling, Inc., Goodwill Industries, DuPage Habitat for Humanity Restore, and Interstate Batteries.
For more information regarding Sustainable Saturday, please contact the Village of Lisle at 630-271-4100 or villageoflisle.org.
NOTE: The Downers Grove Township has started a new electronics recycling program which will be held on the third Saturday of each month at their Highway Department Facility, 318 E. Quincy Street. Please click the link below for more information.