Westmont, Illinois - Date Issued: May 23, 2023
The 2023 Independence Day Celebration, co-hosted by the Westmont Park District and the Village of Westmont, will be held at Ty Warner Park on Tuesday, July 4, starting at 4 p.m. and concluding with fireworks, which typically begin at 9:30 p.m. Be sure to bring the family to Ty Warner Park for food trucks, concessions, games, beer, live music, and our wonderful double display fireworks presentation.
TY WARNER PARK 4TH OF JULY FRIENDLY REMINDERS
Following are some safety tips and friendly reminders to make sure your day is both fun and safe:
- PARKING - Parking is available at the Westmont High School, 909 Oakwood Drive, or the Westmont Junior High, 944 Oakwood Drive. Parking at the FMC Natatorium is also available.
- ACCESSIBILITY - The large parking lot at the southeast corner of Ty Warner Park will be for handicap parking. Also, due to heavy congestion in the park, no handicapped transport carts will operate after 8:30pm.
- CREDIT - Credit cards will be accepted at the beer tent and backstop concession stand.
- FOOD TRUCKS - Ten food trucks will be located in the large parking lot on the southeast corner of the park.
- ALCOHOL- Alcohol can be purchased at the event; No outside alcohol allowed.
- PRE-FIREWORKS SAFETY - No pedestrian traffic will be allowed from the Oakwood subdivision, school parking lots & Chestnut and Blackhawk Drives into TY Warner Park after 9:15pm.
- POP-UP TENTS & MORE - Pop-up tents are welcome, but please do not use stakes. All tents and canopies must be lowered by 9:00pm. If you are going to reserve an area we ask that you do not set out a tarp, this kills the grass very quickly.
- NO PERSONAL FIREWORKS OR SPARKLERS - To ensure everyone’s safety, sparklers are not allowed in the park.
- GRILLING - Small grills can be used, but coals must be disposed of in metal cans designated for HOT COALS ONLY.
For more information please visit the Westmont Park District website. Come out and join us as we celebrate Independence Day!
VILLAGE OFFICE CLOSED
In honor of Independence Day, the Westmont Village Hall and Village Department offices will be closed on Tuesday, July 4, 2023. Normal business hours for the Village Hall and Village Departments will resume on Wednesday, July 5.
When the Village Hall and department offices are closed, bill payments can be made on our website using the MAKE A PAYMENT icon on the Village’s homepage. Also, there are two after-hour drop boxes where residents can drop off their village bill payments: West Quincy Street near the Commuter Train Station across from the Village Hall, or at the Westmont Police Department at 500 N. Cass Avenue. These payments will be processed on the next business day.
NO GARBAGE/RECYCLING PICKUP ON JULY 4
There will be no recycling and garbage collection on Tuesday, July 4. The remainder of the week will follow the usual holiday schedule with each pickup being one day later than your regular pickup day (IE: Tuesday pickups will occur on Wednesday; Wednesday pickups will occur on Thursday; etc.) The last pickup of the week will be on Saturday, July 8, 2023.
If you need to contact either the Police or Fire Departments, please call 9-1-1.