Westmont, Illinois – Date Issued: April 19, 2023
Construction has started on the West Quincy Streetscape Project. The project will be under construction throughout the Summer and is expected to be completed by Fall of 2023.
This project includes West Quincy Street from Cass Avenue to Lincoln Street as well as South Lincoln Street from Quincy to Richmond. Both Quincy and Lincoln will undergo an extensive upgrade including street resurfacing, sidewalk replacement and realignment, ADA accessibility ramps, new curbs and gutters, new storm sewer and drainage structure installation, new lighting, new signage and pavement markings, and new landscape and decorative streetscape features.
Project updates will be posted on the village website’s Construction Updates page. Additional construction information can be found on the GIS Maps page under the Construction Updates link.
TRAFFIC & PARKING
- West Quincy Street is expected to remain open during construction, though there may be periodic closures to accommodate specific construction details.
- Street side parking within the work zone will be unavailable during construction. Street side parking on Lincoln and Quincy outside of the work zone will be available. The commuter parking lots will remain open as well.
- Designated walking paths for pedestrians will be maintained throughout construction. Areas in front of businesses will be restored as quickly as possible. Pedestrian access to businesses will be maintained via temporary ramps and walkways throughout construction.
- Train station hours will not be affected by this construction project.
- The commuter parking lots west of the train station will remain open. The commuter parking lot closest to the train station will be narrowed during certain times of construction.
- Metra commuters will be able to use the commuter parking lot of the west side of the Metra Train Station for drop-off and pick-up.
If you have any questions regarding the construction, please contact Austin Nault with Primera Engineers at email@example.com or 636-734-0986.