Westmont, Illinois – Date Issued: February 14, 2023; UPDATED March 22, 2023
The Electronics and More Recycling events hosted by the Westmont Environmental Improvement Committee (EIC) have been very well attended and the event continues to expand the items that will be collected. This event will be at a new location - the commuter parking lot on West Quincy Street, west of the downtown train station, near Village Hall at 31 W. Quincy Street. The EIC is partnering with eWorks, Flat Can Recycling, and DuPage County to give the community and area citizens an opportunity to properly dispose of items that might otherwise end up in our landfills. Following is information regarding upcoming events:
2023 Electronics & More Special Recycling Event
NEW LOCATION: Commuter Parking Lot on West Quincy Street,
west of the train station, near Village Hall at 31 W. Quincy Street
- NEXT EVENT DATE: April 15, 2023
- TIME: 8:00 a.m. - Noon
- COLLECTION VENDORS: eWorks and Flat Can Recycling
- Open to the general public
- No commercial drop-offs permitted
- Please note - Some items incur a collection fee; also, there will be NO lightbulb recycling at this event.
Following is a list of the items that will be collected. Many items will be collected free of charge; however, some items have a collection fee as noted below. On-site payment, cash or credit, will be accepted.
- TVs & Computer Monitors - There is a fee for TVs and monitors based on the size of the item - cash and credit is accepted by eWorks on the day of the event or visit the eWorks website for online pre-payment - recycling.eworksesi.org
- Electronics - No fee for items such as desktop and laptop computers, mice, keyboards, modems, cable boxes, converter boxes, satellite receivers, telephone and mobile devices, tape players, gaming consoles, power cords and network cables, chargers, VCRs, DVD players, fax machines, scanners and printers, tablets and portable music players).
- Textiles - Drapes, linens, sheets, towels, similar materials - No fee
- Clothing & Shoes - Shoes must be tied together - No fee
- Books, Magazines, Paper, Cardboard - No fee
Flat Can Recycling
- Styrofoam - Well-rinsed, used polystyrene foam including post-consumer foam cups and “to-go” containers, egg cartons, ice chests, rinsed meat trays, protective packaging foam (frequently used to protect electronics during shipping), and other foam with the #6 inside the chasing arrows triangle. NOTE: NO packing peanuts or other small pieces of styrofoam.
- Aerosol Can - $1 fee per can
- One-Pound Camping Propane Tanks - $3 per canister
- Household Batteries - $4 per pound
- Infant and Children Car Seats - $20 per seat
- Latex Paints - .50 cents per sample size container; $2 per quart container; $5 per 1-gal. container; $20 per 5-gal. container
*PLEASE NOTE - There will be NO lightbulb recycling at this event
The final Westmont EIC-hosted special recycling event for 2023 has been scheduled for September 23. For additional information, please visit the eWorks website, or the Flat Can Recycling website.