Brush Pick Up Program
Brush Pick-up Program Guidelines
- The brush pick-up program does not require a sticker.
- Brush should be placed alongside your refuse on your usual garbage pickup day.
- Brush that is acceptable for pick-up includes smaller twigs, branches and tree limbs that are no more than 4 feet long and no wider than 4 inches in diameter.
- Brush must be tied with twine or string into bundles prior to being placed out for pick-up.
- Bundles must be no more than 4 feet long and 1 1/2 feet in diameter.
- Each bundle of brush must weigh less than 50 pounds.
- Brush pick-up requirements must be followed or items will not be picked up and be subject to a fine.
- Per Village ordinance, open burning of brush and leaves is not allowed.
Yard Waste Program Guidelines
- Each bag of yard waste requires a Westmont Yard Waste Sticker.
- Yard waste should be placed out with your refuse on your usual garbage pickup day.
- Yard waste must be placed in appropriate yard waste bags or appropriate containers clearly marked yard waste.
- Items that are acceptable for the yard waste program include grass clippings, weeds, leaves, smaller branches and bushes, and other organic matter that grows outside.
- Items that are not acceptable for the yard waste program include rocks, dirt, soil, sod, mulch, holiday wreaths, pumpkins, apples, hay or straw bales, corn stalks, as well as trees, stumps, and branches larger than 6 inches in diameter cannot be collected as yard waste. Residents may use a landscape service for such items.