- Human Resources
- Employment Opportunities
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Village is firmly committed to equality of opportunity in employment. Conditions of employment will be provided without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, or unfavorable discharge from military service, and mental or physical disability.
The Village will not deny equality of opportunity to any qualified individual who is able, with or without reasonable accommodation, to perform the essential functions of the employment position, which he or she applies.
When no positions are open please use the general online employment application. For open positions, please fill out the appropriate application related to the position you are applying for below. Please note: Applications are required to be completed and submitted online for consideration. Please attach your resume, cover letter, and any applicable certifications as a PDF where provided in the application.
Public Works - Public Works Supervisor - Forestry and Grounds
Does the idea of being confined to an office give you the chills? Are you someone who enjoys using your skills to solve problems? Do you like variety in your workday? Is the ability to make a positive impact on your co-workers and the community something you value?
If this sounds like you, you might be a great fit for the Public Works Supervisor- Forestry and Grounds position with the Village of Westmont!
Why Work for Westmont?
Westmont is a community of 24,429 residents in the southeastern portion of DuPage County. We are centrally located in the Chicago Metro area with easy access to major highways and Metra, making commuting a breeze. We are home to both Fortune 500 companies and small to midsize local businesses, including over 100 restaurants; so we have a little something for everyone.
The Village values its employees; and while we have high expectations of staff, we appreciate that people have lives outside of work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, including vacation (available from date of hire), 10 paid holidays, floating holidays, sick leave, medical/dental/vision/life insurance, supplemental benefits, IMRF pension and more!
What Does a Public Works Supervisor - Forestry and Grounds Do?
Under general supervision of the Director of Public Works, this position is responsible for supervision and participation with lead work in planning, organizing, coordinating, evaluating and implementing public works activities of department personnel in the maintenance and repair of municipal grounds, urban forest, naturalized areas, train depot grounds and platform and parkways, and may also act as Village Forester.
For more information, please click here to see the full job description.
Are You Qualified?
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Public Administration or a related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Requires 5-7 years progressively responsible experience in municipal operations, urban forestry, horticulture and/or natural resources management or related field.
- Requires a high degree of personal initiative and reliability.
- Requires possession of a valid Illinois CDL Class “B” vehicle operator’s license with air brake and tanker endorsement, or ability to obtain within six months of hire.
- Requires extensive knowledge of methods, procedures, tools and materials used in urban forestry and horticulture work. Requires extensive knowledge of the hazards connected with forestry and horticulture work and of correlative safety measures and precautions.
- Successful candidates will have physical fitness to perform manual labor and physical ability to work out of doors during severe weather and temperature extremes. Requires ability to plan, schedule and monitor work for Forestry and Grounds Division projects.
What Will I Get Paid?
This is a full-time, exempt (salary) position with a starting wage of $84,406.40/yr - $95,912.54/yr (DOQ).
How Do I Apply?
To apply, please complete our online employment application by clicking here.
This position will remain open until filled; however, applications received by June 9, 2023. will be given priority consideration.
The Village of Westmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer.