The Village of Westmont Community Development Department works with property owners, businesses owners, and developers who are interested in creating a successful partnership with our growing community. Westmont has several business districts, each designed to meet the needs of a wide variety of businesses.
The Community Development Department operates the following divisions:
- Planning and Zoning Division – administers the municipal development approval process and site plan review, regulates permitted and special uses in the various zoning districts, serves as liaison to the Planning and Zoning Commission.
- Email the Planner with any questions regarding zoning regulations related to property development or allowed uses.
- Permitting (Building) Division – issues permits for building, engineering, plumbing, electrical and more, reviews and approves construction plans, performs building and construction inspections, administers bond requirements and the contractor registration program. Please see our Building Permit Application and Specification Sheet for guidelines.
- Email the Permit Staff with any questions regarding permit submission, requirements, review status, inspection requests, or contractor registration.
- Code Enforcement Division – enforces Village code and property maintenance requirements. Please see our Code Enforcement link for more information on Code Enforcement, Local Adjudication, and how to Report-a-Concern.
- By using the Westmont 311 Report-a-Concern platform, your submission will be automatically forwarded to the Code Enforcement Division for follow-up.
The Village of Westmont has adopted the following codes with local amendments, by reference:
2021 International Building Code
2021 International Residential Code
2021 International Fire Code
2021 Life Safety Code, NFPA 101 (National Fire Protection Association)
2021 International Mechanical Code
2021 International Fuel Gas Code
2021 International Existing Building Code
2021 International Property Maintenance Code
2021 International Swimming Pool and Spa Code
2021 International Energy Conservation Code
2020 National Electric Code
As necessary and applicable, Builders and Developers should also comply with the following State of Illinois Codes:
2014 Illinois Plumbing Code
2018 Illinois Accessibility Code
2021 Illinois Energy Conservation Code
Many home and business (commercial) renovation and remodeling projects require a permit before work begins. Please visit our Permitting webpage for more information.
DuPage County Pinfinder-Parcel Viewer
For an aerial view of your property, please use the DuPage County GIS map.
Utilize the links to the left to directly access specific areas of interest.
The Village of Westmont is strongly supportive of new and creative development ideas. Business owner and developer inquiries are always welcome. Please contact the Community Development Department at 630-981-6250 for more information or to schedule a meeting to discuss your development ideas.