Go To Search
Click to Home
What Do I Need To Apply For A Permit?
Depending on the project, additional information may be required to process a permit, but typical submittals may include:

  • Completely filled-out Permit Application (including property owner signature and estimated cost of construction valuation)
  • A legal PLAT of SURVEY that is not altered in size (reduced or enlarged), to scale and indicates all current conditions (e.g. house, garage, sheds, patios, walkways, driveways, etc.) may be required for submittal with application.
  • A SITE PLAN which is, typically, a copy of the plat of survey that indicates the location of proposed work and, when necessary, the distance of construction to each lot line and exterior dimensions of the proposed construction may be required.
  • 3 complete sets of drawings for residential and 3 or more sets for non-residential (unless otherwise determined by the Director, all drawings shall be stamped and drawn by an Illinois Licensed Structural Engineer or Architect)
  • Any other information needed by staff to process the permit

For engineering and/or stormwater permits, checklists, flow-chart, and other information required to be submitted with applications can be found on the Village website or is available in the Community Development Department. Once information is submitted, the Director may require additional information to process the permit(s):

For Zoning changes, variances, special use permits, site plan, landscape plans, and other applications requiring approval by the Planning & Zoning Committee and Village Board, speak with the Village Planner as each case varies depending on the proposed project.

Preliminary engineering plans that are approved by the Village Board will be subject to final engineering during the formal review process.

Documents, Forms, and Permit Applications

DuPage County Floodplain Mapping

NOTE: All permits expire 12 months after the date of issuance OR timeframe may be shortened if code enforcement related OR revoked if work ceases for more than 3 months.