Village of WestmontDate Issued: September 21, 2016
The Village of Westmont is coordinating a 95th Anniversary Essay Contest in which students will be asked to share their thoughts regarding what makes Westmont great - in 95 words or less.
“This will be an opportunity for our schools and students to get involved with celebrating the 95th Anniversary of our Village,” said Amy Quattrone, Westmont Jr. High School Assistant Principal and Anniversary Committee volunteer. “We hope that every student in Westmont gets involved.”
Following are the rules of the contest:
* Contestants must be a Westmont resident and/or attend a school in Westmont
* Contestants must fill out the online form and submit by Nov. 4th at 4 p.m. - https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfRHK2ldbhIf0teRak-fgkMnQ0LfqZDGacBDzXAVXLNNDYO4g/viewform
* Contestants must submit their entry via email or to the Village Hall by Nov. 4th at 4 p.m.
* Contest Theme: What Makes Westmont GREAT!
* Essays must be 95 words or less
* There are (4) age groups:***** K-1-2***** 3-4-5***** Middle School/6-7-8***** High School
There will be (1) essay finalist selected from each age group. Finalists will be asked to attend and be recognized at the Village of Westmont Board Meeting on Nov. 10 and essays will be published on the Village of Westmont website.
“It’s important to get our school’s involved,” said Sandy Henricksen who serves on the committee and also works in the Maercker School District Administration Office. “A project like this helps foster community pride and citizenship. As our anniversary committee continues to meet, we will be looking for more ways to engage the youth of our community.”
Submissions can be sent via email to email@example.com or dropped off to the Village Hall, 31 W. Quincy Street during business hours, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Submissions will be accepted through Friday, Nov. 4, 2016.